– 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 Limited Edition (5-seater) Side by Side Buyer’s Guide | Model Changes & Differences Explained, HP Performance Info, Release Dates + More! –
– Everything you need to know about the 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 LE in one place! –
This page is going to cover only (1) model specifically and that is the 5-seater 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 LE / Limited Edition and hopefully help you answer – “Is the 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 LE worth the extra money $$ over the Deluxe and ‘Base’ Pioneer 1000-5 models?” Why only cover (1) model when there are many different Pioneer 1000 & 1000-5 model variations?
I’m going to create a page to cover each model individually to hopefully make the information easier for those that are ‘shopping’ and or doing research on a specific model and don’t want to have to skim over all of the other models to find the nitty-gritty specs on the model they are wanting that information on. Once I am finished doing a detailed review on each model I will put together a special page breaking down all of the model differences between all of the different 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 & 1000 models. I’ve found that ever since Honda released the 2016 Pioneer 1000 model lineup in 2015 that I still run into people on a daily basis that are confused by all of the models and what they offer so I’m going to try and help break down that information to better-help those individuals that may not know every in-and-out about these models like many enthusiasts are that have studied every nut and bolt of these side by side / UTV models.
Why is the 2017 Pioneer 1000 model lineup confusing to some people?
Let’s take a look at your 2017 Pioneer 1000 Models / Options to choose from:
- Price / MSRP: $14,199
- Price / MSRP: $15,399
- Price / MSRP: $19,999
- Price / MSRP: $16,399
- Price / MSRP: $17,399
2017 Pioneer 1000-5 LE / Limited Edition (you’re here now)
- Price / MSRP: $21,599
Nowhere in those model names does it really designate what you get for the $$ differences and or what differentiates them and that is what I believe still confuses some people. I still have some people confused as to what the ‘5’ means in 1000-5 and that’s what has pushed me to spend the time in a write-up like this.
2017 Honda Pioneer 1000 Model Lineup / Options Explained:
To start with, the 2017 Pioneer 1000 model lineup is available in (6) different versions, (3) Pioneer 1000 models with a 3-seater configuration and three Pioneer 1000-5 models with a 5-seater capability.
Here are the (3) 2017 Pioneer 1000 model options / variations:
Pioneer 1000 (base model)
Pioneer 1000 EPS
- What do you gain on the Pioneer 1000 EPS vs Pioneer 1000 Base Model? You get EPS (Electric Power Steering), tilt-steering wheel and color-matched body panels on the doors and bed. Next to the EPS, the biggest feature you also get on the EPS model is new transmission features! On the Pioneer 1000 Base Model you can put the DCT Automatic Transmission in D (Drive) and go. With the Pioneer 1000 EPS you get the added feature of being able to shift the transmission manually via Paddle-Shiters or you can still put the DCT Automatic Transmission in Auto-Mode if you’d like for it to shift automatically. You also have the “Sport” mode button you can click when it Auto-Mode. Other than those features, the 2017 Pioneer 1000 EPS and Pioneer 1000 Base Model are the same. 2017 Pioneer 1000 EPS Review – Click Here.
Pioneer 1000 LE / Limited Edition
- What do you gain on the Pioneer 1000 LE vs Pioneer 1000 EPS? LOADS and LOADS of new features! Too many for me to breakdown in a little paragraph for this quick ‘Pioneer 1000 Model Differences / Buyer’s Guide’ so I’m going to point you to a link where I break all of the differences down in-depth. You can check out the 2017 Pioneer 1000 LE VS 2017 Pioneer 1000 EPS Differences Explained – Click Here.
Here are the (3) 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 model options / variations:
Pioneer 1000-5 (base model)
Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe
- What do you gain on the Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe vs Pioneer 1000-5 Base Model? This is where the Pioneer 1000-5 model differences and Pioneer 1000 model differences really break apart when you ‘upgrade’. On the Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe you get 14″ Aluminum Wheels instead of the base models 12″ steel wheels. On top of the better wheels, you also get a more aggressive tire on the 1000-5 Deluxe with Maxxis Big Horn 2.0 tires on all four-corners (same size as base model at 27″). Similar to that of the Pioneer 1000 EPS, on the Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe you also get color-matched body panels on all four-doors as well as the bed. You also get LED headlights which not only look awesome but are brighter than the standard models halogen bulbs. Other than those features, the 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe and Pioneer 1000-5 Base Model are the same. 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe VS 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 Base Model Differences Explained – Click Here.
Pioneer 1000-5 LE / Limited Edition
- What do you gain on the Pioneer 1000-5 LE vs Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe? Just like I mentioned above on the Pioneer 1000 LE vs Pioneer 1000 EPS model – on the Pioneer 1000-5 Limited Edition vs 1000-5 Deluxe, the differences are HUGE and quite a few of them… Too many for me to breakdown in a little paragraph for this quick ‘Pioneer 1000 Model Differences / Buyer’s Guide’ so I’m going to break down the long laundry list of differences on the Pioneer 1000 LE / Limited Edition below since this page will cover everything and anything about this specific model.
Now, that we’ve got that explanation out of the way… Let’s dive into the 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 LE model and see what it’s all about and break down all of the 2016 vs 2017 Pioneer 1000 changes that you’ll see on the Limited Edition 5-seater Pioneer 1000 LE! If you want to check out the initial 2017 Pioneer 1000 & 1000-5 Model Announcement – Click Here.
2017 Pioneer 1000-5 LE Review Page Contents:
- 1. Key Changes on all 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 models
- 2. Upgrades on 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 LE Versus Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe & Pioneer 1000-5 Base Model
- 3. Do you Need or Want the 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 LE Features?
- 4. Detailed Review
- Chassis / Suspension
- 5. Quick Overview of Specs / Features (Skip to HERE if you’re in a hurry)
- 6. Technical Specs Comparison Chart (entire 2017 Pioneer 1000 model lineup)
- 7. Photo Gallery / Pictures
- 8. Videos
- 9. Honda Genuine Pioneer 1000-5 Accessories
1. 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 Changes / Improvements on All Models
Key Changes / Improvements for ALL 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 models (including base):
- Memory function that retains the last transmission mode after engaging reverse
- Winch harness now pre-wired
- Thicker seat foam for improved comfort
- Refined DCT control for even smoother acceleration from a stop
2. Upgrades & Differences 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 Limited Edition VS Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe & Pioneer 1000-5 Base Model
2. Upgrades & Differences 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 Limited Edition VS Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe & Pioneer 1000-5 Base Model
Key Features & Differences on LE / Limited Edition Pioneer 1000-5:
- Visual Enhancements
- Red springs
- Aluminum wheels
- Painted plastic bodywork
- Added protection
- Aluminum A-arm guards (Front & Rear) for added protection from trail hazards like rocks and branches
- Aluminum skid plates (4mm thick)
- Front bumper
- FOX QS3 adjustable shocks
- Improved shocks provide an even smoother ride and improved handling; with a simple turn of a dial, customers can tune the machine for different terrains or driving styles
- Spring preload
- QS3 (Quick Switch 3 position)
- 1.5″ Type-III hard anodized aluminum body and reservoir
- Ultra-durable bottom-out bumper
- 5/8″ Hard-chromed shaft
- High-flow Velocity-sensitive Damping
- Fully Rebuildable and Revalveable
- Intelligent 4-Wheel Drive System (I-4WD)
- SxS industry first and a direct result of Honda automotive engineering
- Brake Traction Control
- Always on in I-4WD, it constantly senses speed of the front wheels; applying brake force to slipping wheel
- Combined with torque-sensing limited slip differential, I-4WD can provide as much drive force as a locking differential
- Less steering effort
- Hill Start Assist
- Engaged with a dash mounted switch, the brake is momentarily held while transitioning to the accelerator from a stop on an incline
- Electronic Brake Force Distribution
- Optimizes front and rear brakes while coming to a stop—loaded or empty
What Features on the 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 LE can you live without to save some money $$?
- Do you want or need a ‘manual’ locking differential on your 2017 Pioneer 1000-5? If so, the 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 LE model is not for you as with the new I-4WD feature on the LE models you lose that. You will want to look into the 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe or Pioneer 1000-5 base model.
- Do you not want or need the high-dollar FOX QS3 shocks? If not, you need to look at the 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe or Pioneer 1000-5 base model.
- Do you want and or need the added protection of the beefed-up front bumper, aluminum A-arm guards and skid plates? If not, you need to look at the 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe or Pioneer 1000-5 base model
- Do you want EPS (Electric Power Steering) on your 2017 Pioneer 1000-5? If so, you have a cheaper alternative if you don’t need the 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 LE model features. You can get by saving a substantial amount of money and go with the 2017 Pioneer 1000 Deluxe & Pioneer 1000-5 base model as they both come standard with EPS (Electric Power Steering). The 2017 Pioneer 1000 base model is technically the only mode out of the Pioneer 1000 & 1000-5 lineup that doesn’t have EPS standard.
- Do you Not need 4-5 seats in your side by side / UTV? If so, you’re looking at the wrong model. You need to look at the 2017 Pioneer 1000 LE, Pioneer 1000 EPS or Pioneer 1000 base model as they have 3 seats. The “5” in Pioneer 1000-5 means that this model has seating for 5 people. I know that may seem obvious to some but I do have some people that still aren’t 100% sure what the “5” means and they aren’t aware that the Pioneer 1000 models have 3 seats instead of a 2-seater.
- Do you need the ‘pretty’ 14″ aluminum wheels and more aggressive 27″ Maxxis Big Horn 2.0 tires than what comes ‘standard’ on the Pioneer 1000-5 LE? If not, then the 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 base model might be more up your alley as both the 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe and the 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 LE come with the larger 14″ aluminum wheels and more aggressive 27″ Maxxis Big Horn 2.0 tires. The 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 still comes with 27″ tall tires but they aren’t as aggressive-tread and they are wrapped around 12″ steel wheels instead of these ‘pretty’ 14″ aluminum wheels.
4. 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 LE Information Review
Now that we’ve determined whether or not you’re truly interested in the 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 LE or if another model is more up your alley we will dive into the detailed specs and features of this machine.
What does the “5” standard for in Pioneer 1000-5? The number 5 means 5-seater when you’re looking at the Pioneer 1000-5. The Pioneer 1000-5 has what Honda calls their “QuickFlip” seating which allows you to change the Pioneer 1000-5 from a 3-seater side by side to where it is a 4 & 5 seater machine too all within 30 seconds. The cool part of the design too is that you still have a 1,000lb dump-bed and having the capability of a multi-seater UTV but without it being stretched out as long as a limo to where it makes navigating tight trails difficult.
For the 2017 model year, Honda adds two new limited-edition versions of its popular flagship side-by-side, the five-person Pioneer 1000-5 Limited Edition (LE) and three-person Pioneer 1000 Limited Edition, both of which come with a new I-4WD system. Never before used in the powersports industry, this intelligent system is a direct result of Honda’s automotive-engineering prowess, and offers three great benefits:
- Brake Traction Control
- Hill-Start Assist
- Electronic Brake Force Distribution
– Video Review of Pioneer 1000-5 LE Specs & Features + Differences –
It’s an intelligent differential system that conveniently combines the four-wheel-drive and diff-lock functions into a single selection mode. I-4WD incorporates the industry’s first off-road brake traction control system to manage the amount of slip between left and right front wheels, applying torque to the wheel with greater grip. Combined with the Pioneer 1000’s Torque Biasing Limited Slip differential, I-4WD can provide as much tractive force as a locking differential but with reduced steer effort and kickback. The result is excellent traction on a wide range of challenging surfaces, a more relaxed driving experience, and no need to stop and engage diff-lock. In addition, LE models feature hill-start assist to brake while transitioning to the accelerator from a dead stop on an incline, and optimize brake force distribution between the front and rear brakes while coming to a stop—loaded or empty. Both LE versions of the Pioneer 1000 also come with a host of additional upgrades to improve suspension performance, protection, convenience and style, while non-LE models also get several important improvements that I highlighted at the top of the page and I will also be doing a separate review on each of those individual models too breaking down everything more in-depth.
Now, let’s go back and touch on this whole I-4WD feature (Intelligent Four-Wheel Drive) that Honda has thrown on the 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 LE / Limited Edition and its 3-seater sibling the 2017 Pioneer 1000 LE / Limited Edition… There seems to be a lot of confusion on the I-4WD technology and what it will or will not mean when it comes to how the current 2016 Pioneer 1000-5 models are as well as the 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe and Pioneer 1000-5 base models so I want to dive into that a little more.
Honda brings intelligent Brake Traction Control System (BTCS) technology to the powersports market for the first time ever with the I-4WD system, resulting in superior, industry-leading 4WD
performance along with an all-new level of convenience and adaptability. Standard equipment on the five-person Honda Pioneer 1000-5 LE and three-person Pioneer 1000 LE, I-4WD introduces
the industry’s first off-road BTCS that automatically manages the proper amount of wheelspin between the left and right front wheels to help ensure excellent grip and drive on a wide range of
challenging surfaces, but with the added benefits of r educed steering effort and kickback while in 4WD mode.
To develop this intelligent system, Honda R&D engineers in Ohio collaborated with the Honda automotive division and then created a new setup designed specifically to meet the needs of side-by-side enthusiasts. I-4WD uses electronic brake control through wheel sensors and a controller. When it senses slip, it applies brake pressure to that wheel. At the same time, this new BTCS system combines with Honda’s Torque Biasing Limited Slip differential—which automatically multiplies brake torque applied to the slipping front wheel and transfers it as drive torque to the high-traction front wheel. Working in concert, these two systems generate the traction-grabbing benefits of a locking differential, minus the need to stop and engage a separate differential lock. By working together, these two systems provide the benefits associated with a locked front differential with none of the downsides.
As a result, the Pioneer LE maintains front-wheel traction even if one wheel wants to spin on ice or mud or if it’s in a hole. But at the same time, you get the lighter steering, better tracking at high
speeds, tighter turning radius, and reduced kickback associated with unlocked front differentials. Best of all, it all happens automatically: Honda’s I-4WD system is always active in 4WD and no driver interaction is needed.
What are you ‘losing’ so-to-say if you go with the LE Pioneer 1000-5 that has I-4WD compared to a Pioneer 1000 model that doesn’t have I-4WD? You are losing the ability to manually select (2) out of (4) drive modes that you normally see on the dash, what (2) modes are you losing?
- 4WD (Four-wheel drive with rear differential locked and limited-slip differential up front)
- 4WD Differential Lock (Four-wheel drive with both the front and rear differentials locked)
You do still get to keep the following (2) drive modes:
- Turf Mode (Unlocks rear differential)
- 2WD (Two-wheel drive with rear differential locked)
Now, to the big kicker… What are you gaining with the I-4WD feature? If Honda’s taking away something as drastic as that manual locking differential etc then you’ve got to be gaining something rather monumental in its place – right? In Honda’s words – YES! Why do I say “In Honda’s words”? Well, I have yet to personally tackle any terrain with the 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 LE yet that utilizes this new technology that Honda is labeling I-4WD. I’m a ‘Honda boy’ through and through but I just can’t put my name behind it and say that this new tech is 1,000% better than a true manual locking differential etc that you have the option of if you don’t go with the LE model that comes standard with I-4WD. I will say this though, Honda is behind this new I-4WD technology a million percent and if they are backing it this much when they have so MUCH to lose in this ridiculously competitive side by side market for 2017 – that says something in my opinion. If it wasn’t a better system then why would Honda be taking the step forward and putting this technology to use on their ‘Cadillac’ top-of-the-line Pioneer 1000-5 LE? Will it be ‘better’ for every individual and their own personal uses? Nope. You can’t please everyone though and that’s why Honda is giving you a choice in 2017 so you don’t have to purchase a model with I-4WD if you don’t want to. I’m biting at the bit though to really get behind the wheel of one of these new Pioneer 1000 LE models to put the I-4WD to the test. I’m getting a little sidetracked though, let’s get back on topic.
In theory, with this new I-4WD setup it’s going to make trail riding better than ever in your Pioneer 1000-5 as you don’t have to worry about fumbling around with the drive-mode selector and debating whether or not you’ll need the diff-lock engaged or not. It’s something you really have to think about as Honda does recommend you come to a complete stop when you change between 4WD modes so it is in your best interest to not wait until it’s too late… Why is that? It can mean the difference of being stuck because you had stop and engage 4WD or 4WD Diff-Lock thus losing all of your forward momentum and now you’re kicking yourself for not installing that winch if you haven’t already or hoping you have a buddy on the trails with you etc. This new I-4WD system on the Pioneer 1000-5 Limited Edition removes any worry of that happening to you as it combines both of those (2) drive modes you lost and that fancy computer that Honda spent a ton of $$ in R&D on is smarter than we could ever be haha – or so in theory.
While I-4WD is the standout feature on the 2017 Pioneer 1000 LE models, the rest of the list is impressive as well. Adjustable FOX QS3 shocks provide an even smoother ride and improved handling; with a simple turn of a dial, customers can tune the machine for different terrains or driving styles. Speaking of FOX Suspension, check out the Pioneer 1000-5 Honda built for SEMA 2015 (pictured below) utilizing FOX suspension and at that time many of us thought Honda would collaborate with them after doing that project and fast forward to today and it happened.
A beefy new bumper highlights and protects the grill, and aluminum A-arm guards and skid plate protect the vehicle against rocks and debris. Convenience-minded additions include illuminated dash switches for nighttime use; transmission-mode memory function to retain Automatic, Sport or Manual mode after engaging reverse; a pre-wired winch harness, new cabin-storage compartments and cup holders in all four doors. There are even comfort- and style-focused improvements like thicker seat foam, painted bodywork which is 1st for Honda in 2017, red springs and A-arms and a new-style aluminum wheels.
Now, let’s dive into the 2016 Pioneer 1000-5 ‘heat issue’ that you may have read about if you browse the owner’s forums etc. This complaint has been a mixed bag as you’ll find some that say they don’t have a heat issue where some find it “unbearable”. Has Honda decided to tackle this complaint for the 2017 Pioneer 1000-5? Yes, Honda has thrown a new seat in the 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 that has thicker foam which should cut down on some of the heat as well as be a little bit more comfy on the trails.
The pre-wired winch harness on the 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 LE may not seem like a big deal to some people but trust me if you ever plan on installing a winch on your Pioneer 1000-5 you will find out this change on the 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 is heaven-sent… Why is that? Honda calls for 4.5 hours worth of labor on their flat-rate chart to install a winch on a Pioneer 1000-5 and the majority of that time is spent with installing the wiring harness. With the winch harness being pre-installed from the get-go for 2017 it will cut down on that time drastically and make life easier for you if you plan on installing it yourself and if you plan on having a dealer do the install – it will save your wallet from the shock once you get the labor bill!
The painted plastic body panels on the 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 LE are an awesome upgrade from the standard colored plastic bodywork on all 2016 Pioneer 1000 models and all of the non-limited edition models of the 2017 Pioneer 1000-5. If you’ve ever owned an ATV or side by side / UTV etc in the past that didn’t have paint on the bodywork then you know what I’m talking about as you can just look at the body panels the wrong way and scratch them! Heck, I see these body panels scuffed up and or scratched before these things even make their way out of the crate, they are that easy to damage. The huge downfall to it all too is that once they are scratched or scuffed, you can not remove those marks and I have yet to see any product on the market that claims to do what they say when they claim to be able to remove those blemishes. Painted bodywork from Honda is a first for 2017 both on the Pioneer 1000-5 LE & Pioneer 1000 LE and Pioneer 700 & Pioneer 700-4 Deluxe models as well as the 2017 Rubicon Deluxe DCT EPS ATVs and man-oh-man do they not only look killer but they hold up better! Is it a must-have feature for everyone? Nah. Not everyone cares about scratches that much to where it is worth the additional cost but to a lot of people this is quite an upgrade.
One more of the small changes for 2017 on the Pioneer 1000 that I think is actually a huge upgrade is the fact that the ECU now remembers what mode you had the transmission in before putting it in reverse. This is something you didn’t see a lot of people talk about but it was a pet-peeve of mine on the 2016 Pioneer 1000 models as every time you put it in reverse and then back into ‘drive’ whether it be High or Low the transmission would reset and default back to Automatic-mode. Then you would have to re-select whether or not you wanted it in Automatic with the Sport-mode activated or back into Manual-mode etc. The transmission-mode memory function upgrade for 2017 on the Pioneer 1000 gets two-thumbs up from me!
2017 Pioneer 1000-5 LE Price / MSRP… Honda has yet to announce pricing on all of the 2017 Pioneer 1000 & 1000-5 models. Once they release pricing in December, I will be able to break down the price differences and be able to go more in-depth as to whether or not the Limited Edition / LE models are worth the price-increase etc.
2017 Pioneer 1000-5 LE Release Date… The 2017 Pioneer 1000 LE model as well as all of the other 2017 Pioneer 1000 & 1000-5 models are scheduled to start arriving at dealers in February of 2017.
2017 Pioneer 1000-5 LE Colors… I hope you like Matte Gray Metallic as your color options for the 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 Limited Edition are Matte Gray Metallic and Matte Gray Metallic haha. I’m sure we’ll see more than (1) color option on the 2018 Pioneer 1000-5 LE if this model turns out to be a hit, I can understand them not wanting to do a ton of different colors for its initial model-year run. The one upside though is it keeps with the whole “Limited Edition” theme so any time someone sees that you have this color-scheme they know without a doubt you have the ‘holy-grail’ Limited Edition version of the 17′ Pioneer 1000-5. It’s similar to what Honda’s done with the Rubicon Deluxe ever since they released them in 2015, they have only done one color.
When Honda engineers set out to develop an open-class multipurpose side-by-side, they weren’t interested in offering a me-too model. Using Honda’s signature total approach, they wanted to match or exceed the competition in all of the important areas, and that’s exactly what the Pioneer 1000-5 does:
Engine | 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 LE
Honda technicians have proven time and again that there’s simply no one better at developing engines, and their full expertise was called upon for the Pioneer 1000’s all-new, purpose-built side-by-side power plant. The result is an engine that’s head-and-shoulders above anything else on the market, serving as a reminder that there’s a reason behind the manufacturer’s name: Honda Motor Company.
When you know the power you need is always at the ready, every drive is an enjoyable experience. And that’s precisely what you get out of the class-leading 999cc liquid-cooled inline twin. Using the same Unicam® cylinder head design found in our motocross bikes, it’s more compact in size, and it still delivers the kind of horsepower and torque you’d expect from a flagship model.
“We’re very excited about the 999cc engine we’ve developed for these new Pioneers,” said Lee Edmunds, Manager of Motorcycle Marketing Communications at American Honda. “We’ve also added the industry’s only fully automatic mechanical transmission – the 6-speed Dual Clutch Transmission. With steel gears, the DCT offers true engine braking, seamless shifting and a smooth, reliable transfer of power.”
- All Pioneer 1000 models are powered by a 999cc parallel-twin engine with a Unicam® design like that of Honda’s legendary CRF motocross models, achieving high performance while simultaneously minimizing weight and bulk.
- Big power and torque: able to haul 1,000 pounds (600 pounds for California models) and tow 2,000 pounds.
- High-tech “roller rockers” have a roller that contacts the cam, greatly reducing friction and wear compared to standard rocker arms.
- Longitudinal engine mounting eliminates unnecessary right angles in the driveline, ensuring an efficient transfer of power to the ground.
- Engine and exhaust system are rubber-mounted to reduce vibration and noise.
- To help the engine meet Honda’s unmatched reliability standards, the air inlet is positioned high under the hood, resulting in a clean supply of air and excellent clearance for water fording. The air-cleaner element is a viscous paper type, for exceptional filtration and a long service life.
Pioneer 1000-5 Engine Performance Numbers / Details:
- 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 LE Horsepower: 72 HP
- 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 LE Top Speed: 67 MPH via Electronic Speed Limiter
Transmission | 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 LE
The side-by-side market’s first fully Automatic DCT is a superior system, the perfect transmission for a flagship SxS model—and no one does DCT better than Honda, as evidenced by the sophisticated transmission on the Pioneer 1000.
This year, the Pioneer 1000-5 LE introduces our I-4WD system. Think “I” for “Intelligent,” because that’s exactly what it is. An industry-first brake-traction control system for side-by-sides, it simplifies operation, increases drivability and optimizes traction. Using proven, advanced technology from Honda’s automotive division, you get the benefits associated with a locked front differential with none of the downsides. That means it maintains front-wheel traction even if one wheel wants to spin on ice or mud or if it’s in a hole. But at the same time, you get the lighter steering, better tracking at high speeds, tighter turning radius, and reduced kickback associated with unlocked front differentials.
- The LE models’ I-4WD incorporates the industry’s first off-road brake traction control system to manage the amount of slip between left and right front wheels, applying torque to the wheel with greater grip. The result is excellent traction performance in tough off-road conditions, with reduced steer effort and kickback compared to standard diff-lock.
- LE models feature hill-start assist to momentarily hold the brake while transitioning to the accelerator from a dead stop on an incline, and a system that automatically optimizes brake force distribution between the front and rear brakes while coming to a stop—loaded or empty.
- All Pioneer 1000 models get a new memory function that retains the last transmission mode after engaging reverse.
- Six-speed automatic Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) on all six types; those equipped with EPS also have a sport mode switch and manual paddle shifters.
- With DCT, an advanced shift logic monitors variables including throttle position and input, engine rpm, vehicle speed and brake input to determine driving style. During relaxed input, the transmission maintains a low rpm for a quiet cabin, low vibration and improved fuel efficiency. During more aggressive input, a higher rpm is held, maximizing engine torque and power. During inconsistent throttle input, transient detection logic prevents multiple up- and downshifts. When descents are detected, the transmission downshifts to provide true engine braking.
- Changing DCT modes on the fly immediately alters the character of the machine, from quiet and relaxed to exciting and powerful.
- Even in automatic mode, the driver can override the gear selection at any time by using the paddle shifters. The selected gear will be maintained for several seconds before the transmission seamlessly reverts to fully automatic shifting.
- The low-range sub-transmission has a 1.42:1 ratio (like a 4WD truck), essentially doubling the number of gears from six to twelve.
There’s no shortage of areas where Honda has set new benchmarks with the Pioneer 1000-5 model lineup, but perhaps the most pertinent is the Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT), which makes its first appearance ever on a side-by-side. Enthusiasts of high-performance sports cars are familiar with DCT technology, but until now, it wasn’t available to SxS customers.
What is a DCT Transmission?
A superior technology, DCT is an all-gear transmission that shifts automatically—the best of both worlds!
- As the name suggests, Dual Clutch Transmissions have two clutches—one that controls odd-numbered gear sets (first, third, fifth), and another that controls even-numbered gear sets (second, fourth, sixth). A hollow outer transmission shaft contains a separate internal shaft, and each holds one of the two clutches.
- Multiple gears are engaged simultaneously so that the transmission is constantly prepared for the next shift. For gear-changes, one clutch disengages and the other engages, resulting in shifts that are quick, smooth, seamless.
- Data, collected by a series of sensors, is processed by the ECU, which uses an advanced algorithm to determine when the shift-control motor should electronically trigger gear-changes. The clutches are controlled by sophisticated electronics and hydraulics.
- Honda is the powersports leader in DCT, having debuted it on the 2010 VFR1200F and since adapted, refined and expanded it to other motorcycles and premium ATVs.
The short answer is simple—because it’s better—but there’s obviously more to it than that, as DCT offers a long list of advantages:
- Durability: All-gear designs (with no belts) provide a direct, connected feel between the accelerator and the wheels, as well as improved durability, reduced maintenance and efficient power transfer.
- Versatility: Whereas most transmissions are either automatic or manual, DCT systems can give owners the option to choose depending on the driver and the conditions. For example, use standard automatic for relaxed cruising, sport mode to hold gears longer for more spirited driving, or manual to have fun shifting, like a sports car, or to allow precise speed control for operations like spraying and plowing.
- Performance: While DCT is known for its ease of use, its smooth, quick gear-changes are also ideal for sportier applications—hence its availability on the new CRF1000L Africa Twin adventure-touring motorcycle, and even the next-generation Acura NSX sports car. Whereas a typical CVT design transmits 88% of power to the ground, all-gear systems deliver 96-98%. DCT allows maximum engine torque and true engine braking for the heaviest loads, hills and technical terrain.
Chassis / Suspension | 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 LE
Like the engine, the Pioneer 1000’s chassis was purpose-built, engineered for uncompromising comfort and capability.
Prepare to go further than ever before. Our refined chassis enables you to tackle terrain others would shy away from, with large 27″ tires, long-travel independent front and rear suspension and huge ground clearance. The rubber-mounted engine and exhaust system insulates against excessive vibration, and on the 1000-5 model, self-leveling rear suspension compensates for changing loads. Plus, the Pioneer 1000 Limited Edition gets premium, quick-adjust FOX QS-3 shocks on all four corners.
(* The Frame / Chassis pictures you see below are of the Pioneer 1000-5 and not the 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 LE but the frames are identical)
- On LE models, adjustable FOX QS3 shocks provide an even smoother ride and improved handling; with a simple turn of a dial, customers can tune the machine for different terrains or driving styles.
- LE models receive a beefy new bumper that highlights and protects the grill, while aluminum A-arm guards and a skid plate protect the vehicle against rocks and debris.
- Convenience-minded additions to LE models include illuminated dash switches for nighttime use.
- LE models come standard with new cabin-storage compartments and cup holders in all four doors.
- Style-focused improvements on LE models include painted bodywork, red springs and A-arms and substantial aluminum wheels.
- For the 2017 model year, all versions of the Pioneer 1000 have thicker seat foam for increased comfort, plus a winch-ready wiring harness.
- Dual A-arm design and fully independent suspension front and rear, with 10.5 inches of plush travel up front, 10.0 inches in back.
- Ground clearance is an impressive 12.7 inches on the 1000 LE
- All Pioneer 1000 LE models come standard with premium Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 tires, featuring radial construction for exceptional ride comfort and traction.
- Standard on the five-person non-LE models (and available as an accessory for the three-person models) is a self-leveling rear suspension system, which automatically maintains the appropriate ride height when fully loaded, thereby maximizing ride comfort and maintaining consistent vehicle handling.
- Pioneer 1000 LE models come with a sophisticated Electric Power Steering system (EPS) that reacts to both vehicle speed and steering input, delivering precise driving feedback while also reducing steering effort (and thus driver fatigue). This is true even with the front differential locked, as kickback at the steering wheel is reduced in technical terrain.
- Tilt steering on all models with EPS.
- Dual A-arm design and fully independent suspension front and rear, with 10.5 inches of plush travel up front, 10.0 inches in back.
Interior | 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 LE
- Two open dash-storage areas and new storage compartments come standard on the LE model as well as cup holders.
- Wide, comfortable bench seat for one, two or three passengers, with hand-hold straps and a shoulder belt for the center passenger (center seat is positioned high and forward to increase comfort and maximize space).
- The easy-to-use dump-bed lever can be accessed from outside the vehicle or from a front seated position.
- Hard doors with nets on all models, providing passengers with a secure feel and helping to keep mud and debris out of the rider cabin.
- Large, easy-to-reach transmission and drive levers with positive detents make it easy to identify the selected gear and drive mode by sight or feel.
- LED headlights (37W high/low beam) are standard on the LE / Limited Edition model, providing a bright, wide beam pattern and excellent service life with minimal power consumption. (The other Pioneer 1000 types have Halogen headlights, with LED available as an accessory.)
- The LCD multifunction display has a large, easy-to-read screen, showing speed, odometer, trip A and B, tachometer, gear selected, transmission mode, drive mode, clock, fuel, water temperature, mode and maintenance reminder.
The Business of SxS
Powersports’ strongest segment continues to grow
One might say that side-by-sides are the best-kept success-story secret in powersports, but while it’s still possible for these enjoyable products to be overlooked by some, their incredible sales numbers are rapidly reducing the ranks of the uninitiated. Simply put, SxS is the fastest-growing category in powersports, and as these customers have demanded more performance and capability from their vehicles, the flagship multipurpose has become the fastest-growing segment, at close to 100,000 per year. To meet the needs and expectations of Honda customers, Honda developed the Pioneer 1000, which is among the company’s most important powersports products of the last decade.
But exactly what is a flagship multipurpose side-by-side? Among these vehicles’ typical traits are large-displacement (+800cc) multi-cylinder engines, comfortable suspension, sophisticated 4WD systems, big hauling and towing capacity and exceptional capability in both recreation and work applications. As for who’s buying them, side-by-side customers in general are becoming increasingly difficult to pigeonhole, but buyers of flagship multipurpose side-by-sides tend to be experienced powersports customers who want the biggest and best—folks who are looking for both a balance of recreation and work capability and a top-of-the-line product that can go anywhere and haul anything. These owners get extreme usage out of their vehicles.
While the Pioneer 1000 is new, the road that led to it is long. The company was at the forefront of the ATV market in 1970, when it offered the three-wheel US90 (later to be called the ATC90), and its ATV lineup now includes a full spectrum of four-wheel vehicles, from the sporty TRX family to the versatile Rincon, Rubicon, Foreman, Rancher and Recon lines. From 1977 to ’89, Honda sold a four-wheel powersports vehicle called the Odyssey, and although that model did have a roll cage, it was just a single-seater; Honda’s first true side-by-side was the utility-focused Big Red, introduced for 2009. Big Red was replaced by the 2014 model-year Pioneer 700—a midsize multipurpose model that’s available in two-person and four-person configurations. The following year, Honda added the two-person Pioneer 500, an entry-level side-by-side whose narrow stance allows it to drive on tight trails and fit in the bed of a pickup truck.
5. Quick Overview of Features (Click on tabs)
POWERFUL 999CC TWIN-CYLINDER ENGINE
A flagship Side-by-Side starts with a flagship engine, and the all-new Pioneer 1000-5 LE features one of our best. Class-leading displacement in a compact engine size. The 999cc liquid-cooled inline twin utilizes the same Unicam® cylinder head design found in our motocross bikes and features electronic fuel injection, so you get reliable power and performance, wherever the adventure takes you. Built specifically for the Pioneer 1000, the engine is specially tuned to produce the horsepower and torque this SxS demands.
FULLY-AUTOMATIC SIX-SPEED DCT TRANSMISSION
Drive the way you want, with the industry’s first and only 6-speed Dual Clutch Transmission. Choose between manual mode or fully automatic. Plus, the addition of Sport Mode increases the fun, shifting at higher RPMs for a spirited, full-performance driving experience. The Pioneer 1000-5’s Automatic Dual Clutch Transmission features six forward speeds plus reverse and two gearing ranges (high and low). The Pioneer 1000 LE also adds paddle shifting and three shift modes (standard, sport and manual). It can do all the shifting for you, as smooth and seamless as any automatic, but can also give you total control to shift yourself—it’s the best of all worlds!
ADVANCED TRANSMISSION LOGIC
The Pioneer 1000-5 LE is more than tough – it’s Honda Smart. Here are some examples: The Pioneer 1000’s advanced, fully automatic Dual-Clutch Transmission senses how you’re riding, monitoring throttle position and input, engine RPM, vehicle speed and more. Relaxed drivers get smooth shifts and lower engine speed for a smoother, quieter ride. More sporting drivers get quicker shifts and higher engine speeds to maximize engine torque and power. Going downhill? The Pioneer 1000 stays in a lower gear for superior engine braking.
HIGH / LOW SUBTRANSMISSION
With a full 42-percent gear reduction between High and Low, you get the torque you need in all 6 gears. It comes in handy when driving over difficult terrain, scaling steep hills or towing heavy loads.
BUILT IN THE U.S.A.
The Pioneer 1000-5 is purpose-built for the American market, right in America. Domestically and globally sourced parts are all assembled at our plant in Timmonsville, South Carolina, and once these side-by-sides roll off the line, they’re ready to explore every corner of the country.
2000-POUND TOWING CAPACITY
Call it 2000 pounds, or call it 1 ton. Ether way, the towing capacity of the Pioneer 1000-5 is unsurpassed by any competitor. You can load a full half-ton into the Pioneer 1000-5 LE’s bed. And when it’s time to unload, the bed’s tilting feature makes dumping firewood, gravel, feed or other items easy. And because it’s able to tow a full ton (2000 pounds), the Pioneer 1000-5 LE can take on big jobs that otherwise would have required a tractor or a truck.
You can let the Pioneer 1000-5 shift automatically, but if you want to choose a specific gear, upshift or downshift yourself in demanding conditions and even override the automatic gear selection—all without ever moving your hands from the wheel. Steering column-mounted paddle shifters add a serious dose of performance in every drive. In Manual mode, they let you shift without ever taking your hands off the wheel, and in Automatic mode, they let you override the current gear with a quick up or downshift, holding that gear for several seconds before returning to Automatic mode. (Available on Pioneer 1000 EPS).
INDEPENDENT FRONT AND REAR SUSPENSION
Dual A-arm suspension gives you 10.5 inches of travel in the front, and 10-inches of travel in the rear. Pair that with stellar ground clearance, and you maximize available traction and superior comfort maneuvering over terrain other side-by-sides would shy away from.
TURF / 2WD / 4WD / DIFF LOCK
Don’t tear up sensitive surfaces. Select Turf Mode. Want to access as much traction as possible? Put it in 4WD. Need maximum power at all four wheels? Lock the front and rear differentials. And the best part is, you can do it all with a shift of a single lever.
ELECTRIC POWER STEERING
Our Electric Power Steering system helps eliminate bump steer and lessens steering effort, especially over rocks, logs and on sidehills, through rocky and rutted terrain, which reduces fatigue. Honda’s system is second to none. What makes it even better is the added assist you get when you need it most, like when you’re in 4WD, driving at lower speeds, or maneuvering over rough conditions.
Available on Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe, Pioneer 1000-5, Pioneer 1000 EPS, Pioneer 1000 LE and Pioneer 1000-5 LE models.
27″ TIRES & 14″ WHEELS (NEW WHEEL DESIGN / LIMITED EDITION MODELS)
The Pioneer 1000-5 LE comes standard with large 27-inch tires on 14-inch steel rims for better ride comfort, improved ground clearance and superior traction.
ADVANCED TRANSMISSION LOGIC
The brain of the DCT, Advanced Transmission Logic, senses how you drive and adapts. Relaxed drivers get earlier shifts for a quieter ride at lower engine speeds. Sportier drivers will hold each gear longer for higher RPM shifts. And when going downhill, you get true engine braking. Now that’s a smart transmission.
ELECTRONIC BRAKEFORCE DISTRIBUTION (NEW)
Heading down a hill? Is the bed loaded or empty? Honda’s new Electronic Brakeforce Distribution automatically proportions the force to the front and rear brakes with changing conditions—all you do is press the brake pedal. (Standard on all Pioneer 1000 & 1000-5 LE models.)
ENGINE AIR INTAKE
Designed to excel in off-road use, the viscous air-filter element does an excellent job of providing clean air to the engine under tough conditions. To get the most out of your engine, you need the best air going into it. That’s why we positioned the air intake up high under the hood. It helps ensure a clean air supply, even at deeper fording depths, and with a new viscous air filter element, you get increased performance and longer service intervals.
1000-POUND-CAPACITY TILT BED
There are a ton of reasons to buy a Pioneer 1000-5. Among them: the half-ton hauling capacity*. No side-by-side can haul more, and when it comes to dumping, we’ve made it easier than ever, with a hydraulic assist tilt bed lever that can be accessed from outside the vehicle, or right from the driver’s seat.
*600 pound bed capacity for CA models
COLOR-MATCH DOOR AND BEDSIDE PANELS
Want to change the color of your Pioneer when hunting season rolls around? No problem. Our door and bedside panels can be easily swapped out for a different color scheme if and when you need it. This feature comes in particularly handy in case a panel sustains any damage on the job or trail.
Available on Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe and Pioneer 1000 EPS model. * The Pioneer 1000-5 LE comes with painted bodywork!
PIONEER 1000-5 LE FEATURES QUICKFLIP SEATING
The Pioneer 1000-5 LE bed features a pair of seats that flip up or fold down independently in seconds. Up, they provide secure seating for one or two additional passengers; down, you get a true flat cargo bed surface for utility use.
3-PERSON CONTOURED BENCH SEAT
Tough, durable and built to enhance every driving experience — yes, we’re talking about the seat. Contoured for three passengers, the center seat is positioned up and forward to maximize space and comfort, and the covering is designed to resist both the elements and heavy use.
The multi-function LCD dash display is large enough to host loads of information, in an easy-to-read way, like speed and fuel level. RPM and transmission mode. Fuel gauge, water temperature, trip information and more. It even includes a clock, so you’ll always know when it’s time for some fun.
With a tilt steering wheel, you’re ensured an even more comfortable driving experience. We’ve given the wheel a wide range of adjustments for optimum customization, and it even moves very far forward to allow for easy entry and exit.
Available on Pioneer 1000-5 LE, Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe, Pioneer 1000-5 and Pioneer 1000 EPS models.
Some of the most impressive Pioneer 1000-5 features are those you’ll never see, but it’s one of the first things you’ll notice when on the trail. The independent, long-travel suspension, excellent ground clearance and large tires all work in concert to deliver superior ride comfort and superb traction. In addition to the suspension and ground clearance, we rubber-mounted the engine and exhaust system to insulate the cabin against excessive vibration. So while you may not see this feature, it’s one you will definitely notice.
SELF-LOAD LEVELING REAR SUSPENSION
When you fill the two rear seats or put a bigger load into the Pioneer 1000-5 LE bed, the rear suspension automatically senses the increase and adjusts the ride height to compensate. This maintains ground clearance and maximizes comfort when loaded.
FOUR-WHEEL DISC BRAKES
The Pioneer’s uncompromising power helps take you further than ever before. The reliable disc brakes help you stop on a dime. Built to the same standard as you’d find in our autos, the four-wheel disc brakes minimize debris from building up, ensuring consistent performance, and giving you confidence on the trail.
The Pioneer 1000-5 LE is loaded with features to help provide a feeling of security for the driver and passengers. The Occupant Protection Structure uses sturdy, large-diameter tubing, and includes integrated handholds, recessed top tubes and a more spacious structure to enhance protection; it also meets OSHA’s 1928.53 rollover protective structure standard. Hard doors and roll-up side nets provide a secure feel and keep mud and debris out of the cabin, while automotive-style three-point belts with an Emergency Locking Retractor mechanism help keep everyone secure.
6. 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 LE | Model Lineup Spec Comparison Chart:
6. 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 LE | Model Lineup Spec Comparison Chart:
|Model||Pioneer 1000-5 LE
|Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe
|Pioneer 1000 LE
|Pioneer 1000 EPS
|Engine Type||999cc liquid-cooled Unicam® longitudinally mounted parallel-twin four-stroke; four valves per cylinder|
|Bore and Stroke||92.0mm x 75.15mm|
|Induction||Fuel injection, 44mm throttle bodies|
|Transmission||Six-speed automatic DCT w/ reverse and high/low|
|Driveline||Direct front and rear driveshafts|
|Valve Train||OHC, 4 valves per cylinder|
|Front||Double wishbone; 10.6 in. travel|
|Rear||Double wishbone; 10 in. travel|
|Front||Hydraulic w/ two 210mm discs|
|Rear||Hydraulic w/ two 210mm discs|
|Length||117.6 in.||116.6 in.||117.8 in.||116.8 in.|
|Height||76.4 in.||76.3 in.||76 in.|
|Ground Clearance||12.2 in.||12.4 in.||12.7 in.|
|Turning Radius||13.8 ft.|
|Towing Capacity||2,000 lbs.|
|Payload Capacity||1,000 lbs. / 600 lbs. (Models sold in CA)|
|Fuel Capacity||7.9 gal., including 1.7 gal. reserve|
|Colors||Matte Gray Metallic||Red, Metallic Blue, Honda Phantom Camo||Red, Olive||Matte Gray Metallic||Red, Shale Blue, Honda Phantom Camo||Red, Olive|
|Curb Weight*||1,773 lbs.||1,709 lbs.||1,689 lbs.||1,642 lbs.||1,549 lbs.||1,526 lbs.|
|*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride|
|Meets current CARB and EPA off-road emissions standards|
|Recommended for riders 16 years of age and older|
7. 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 LE Photo Gallery / Pictures
7. 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 LE Photo Gallery / Pictures
8. 2018 Pioneer 1000-5 LE Videos:
9. 2017 Pioneer 1000-5 & 1000 Accessories:
PIONEER 1000 & 1000-5 ACCESSORY KIT / PACKAGES
- Pioneer 1000-5 All-Weather Package 5P Price – $6,149.50
- Pioneer 1000 All-Weather Package 3P Price – $5,779.55
- Pioneer 1000-5 Trail Package 5P $1,934.80
- Pioneer 1000 Trail Package 3P $1,274.85
- Pioneer 1000-5 Hunting Package 5P $2,415.70
- Pioneer 1000 Hunting Package 3P $1,595.80
- Pioneer 1000-5 Work Package 5P $1,819.75
- Pioneer 1000 Work Package 3P $1,869.70
- Pioneer 1000-5 Protection Package 5P $1,564.60
- Pioneer 1000 Protection Package 3P $1,514.60
- Pioneer 1000 Red Custom Package 3P $1,869.50
- Pioneer 1000 Green Custom Package 3P $1,869.50
Pioneer 1000 & 1000-5 ROOFS & TOPS
(*RED = Clickable Links with more information and possible $$ savings)
- Pioneer 1000-5 Hard Roof / Top 0SR85-HL4-101 $549.95
- Pioneer 1000 Hard Roof / Top 0SR85-HL4-101B $399.95
- Pioneer 1000-5 Fabric Roof / Top Rear Panel (black) 0SR85-HL4-222A $359.95
- Fabric Roof Rear Panel (black) 0SR85-HL4-211A $259.95
- Fabric Roof Rear Panel (camo) 0SR85-HL4-221C $399.95
- Fabric Roof Rear Panel (camo) 0SR85-HL4-220A $299.95
- Pioneer 1000-5 (5P) Bimini Top 0SR85-HL4-322A $179.95
- Pioneer 1000 (3P)Bimini Top 0SR85-HL4-322B $129.95
Pioneer 1000 & 1000-5 DOORS
- Fabric Front Doors (black) 0SR90-HL4-211A $484.95
- Fabric Front Doors (camo) 0SR90-HL4-221A $525.95
- Fabric Rear Doors (black) 0SR90-HL4-211B $559.95
- Fabric Rear Doors (camo) 0SR90-HL4-211C $599.95
- Hard Front Doors 0SU95-HL4-104 $2,599.95
- Side Mirrors 0SV05-HL4-202 $99.95
- Color Panels (red) 08F72-HL4-A01ZD $329.95
- Color Panels (green) 08F72-HL4-A01ZE $329.95
- Color Panels (red) 08F70-HL4-A51ZD $299.95
- Color Panels (green) 08F70-HL4-A51ZE $299.95
Pioneer 1000 & 1000-5 WINDSHIELDS / WINDSCREENS
- Glass Windshield 0SU85-HL4-105 $699.95
- Windshield Wiper Kit 0SE10-HL4-500 $299.95
- Wind Deflector 0SR73-HL4-200B $199.95
- Full Poly Windscreen (hard coat) 0SR72-HL4-A00 $529.95
- Full Poly Windscreen (optical) 0SR73-HL4-200 $399.95
- 2-Piece Poly Windscreen (hard coat) 0SR71-HL4-A00 $599.95
- 2-Piece Poly Windscreen (optical) 0SR72-HL4-100 $479.95
Pioneer 1000 & 1000-5 REAR PANELS
- Hard Rear Panel 0SU95-HL4-103 $479.95
- Hard Rear Panel 0SU95-HL4-102 $479.95
- Fabric Mid-Panel 0SR95-HL4-211A $139.95
- Fabric Rear Panel 0SR95-HL4-211B $139.95
- Fabric Rear Panel 0SU95-HL4-205B $139.95
Pioneer 1000 & 1000-5 PROTECTION (Bumpers & Brush Guards / Skid Plates)
- Front Bumper/Brush Guard 08P70-HL4-A00 $279.95
- Rear Bumper 08P73-HL4-A00 $224.95
- Rear Bumper 08P70-HL4-A50 $224.95
- Aluminum Skid Plates 08P72-HL4-A00 $379.95
- Aluminum A-Arm Guards (front) 08P74-HL4-A00 $179.95
- Aluminum A-Arm Guards (rear) 08P75-HL4-A00 $159.95
Pioneer 1000 & 1000-5 WINCH / PLOW / TOWING
- Warn Winch 4,500 lb 08L71-HL3-A41 $439.95
- Winch Mount Kit 08L72-HL4-A01 $299.95
- Draw Bar 08L70-HL4-A00 $69.95
- Hitch Ball 08L90-HL1-100C $14.95
- Receiver Hitch Plug 08L90-HL1-100B $14.95
- Plow Blade (72″)* 08L75-HL3-A01 $369.95
- Plow Mount Kit* 08L75-HL4-A01 $229.95
- Plow Push Tube Set* 08L76-HL3-A41 $479.95
- Plow Pulley Kit* 0SL75-WRN-A00 $49.95
Pioneer 1000 & 1000-5 CARGO / STORAGE
- Cab Frame Cargo Bag 0SL57-HL3-101 $69.95
- Bed Mat 0SP42-HL4-501 $139.95
- Bed Mat 0SP42-HL4-201 $99.95
- Bed Liner 0SP43-HL4-202 $299.95
- Bed Extender 08L71-HL4-A01 $299.95
- Load Leveling Suspension System* 08Z70-HL4-A51 $699.95
Pioneer 1000 & 1000-5 INTERIOR / CABIN | Parts & Accessories
- Front Seat Covers (camo) 0SP32-HL4-201 $169.95
- Rear Seat Covers (camo) 0SP32-HL3-201B $119.95
- Rearview Mirror 0SV05-HL4-201 $89.95
- Rubber Floor Mats 0SP63-HL4-101 $89.95
Pioneer 1000 & 1000-5 ELECTRICAL
- Horn Kit 08P75-HL5-A00 $34.95
- Horn Mount Kit 08Z77-HL4-A00 $59.95
- Back-up Alarm 08V70-HL5-A00 $39.95
- Back-up Alarm Mount Kit 08Z76-HL4-A00 $29.95
- Heater / Defrost 0SE01-HL4-101 $779.95
- LED Light Bar 0SV31-HL3-301 $369.95
- LED Light Bar Wire Harness 0SV31-HL4-301 $49.95
- LED Auxiliary Lights 0SV31-HL3-201 $299.95
- 45mm Light Clamp 0SV31-HL4-201A $29.95
- LED Headlights 08V71-HL4-A00 $399.95
- Switch Plate / Volt Meter / Wire Harness 0SA30-HL4-100 $329.95
Pioneer 1000 & 1000-5 MISC PARTS & ACCESSORIES
- 14″ Cast Aluminum Wheel (front) 08W70-HL4-A02 $199.95 *Per Wheel
- 14″ Cast Aluminum Wheel (rear) 08W71-HL4-A01 $199.95 *Per Wheel
- Storage Cover 0SP34-HL4-100 $149.95
- Storage Cover 0SP35-HL4-100 $99.95
Honda Pioneer 1000 & 1000-5 Link Index / UPDATED Blog Posts with More Detailed Information
Honda Pioneer 1000 & 1000-5 pages detailing Spec Sheets, Features, Horsepower and more:
- 2016 Pioneer 1000 / 1000-5 Spec Sheet, Dimensions, Weight, Height, Width – Click Here
- 2016 Pioneer 1000 / 1000-5 Detailed Frame, Engine, Interior Pictures – Click Here
- 2016 Pioneer 1000 / 1000-5 Horsepower – Click Here
- 2016 Pioneer 1000 vs 700 vs 500 Horsepower | Power-to-Weight Ratio / Performance Comparison
- 2016 Pioneer 1000 vs 700 Drag Race Video – Click Here
- 2016 Pioneer 1000 Top Speed Video – Click Here
Honda Pioneer 1000 & 1000-5 Model Pricing and Release Dates:
- 2016 Pioneer 1000 / 1000-5 MSRP Price List – Click Here
- 2016 Pioneer 1000 / 1000-5 Release Date Update – Click Here
Honda Pioneer 1000 & 1000-5 Part & Accessory Information:
- 2016 Pioneer 1000 Accessories Overview / Pictures – Click Here
- 2016 Pioneer 1000 Custom Accessory Packages – Click Here
- 2016 Pioneer 1000 Accessories Price List – Click Here
Misc Honda Pioneer 1000 & 1000-5 Information:
- 2016 Pioneer 1000-5 Patent Application Documents – Click Here
- 2016 Pioneer 1000-5 Demo Ride Pictures – Click Here
- 2016 Pioneer 1000 Maintenance / Service Schedule – Click Here