– NEW 2020 / 2021 Honda Motorcycles: More NEOWING Patent Documents Released! –
I first started writing about the Honda NEOWING dating all the way back to 2015 at the Tokyo Motor Show – time flies, huh? That was four years ago and we still don’t have the NEOWING or anything quite like it with its reverse trike design that also leans like a motorcycle. Did Honda give up on the idea? Is Honda going to let Yamaha run off with the NIKEN market? I don’t think so… Because they are still filing patent documents on technology that they plan to utilize on this bike or something similar to it. I’ve been wrong in the past but I’ve also clipped a homerun or two on predictions and if I was a betting man – I’d say we’ll see this model or this tech put to use within the next 12 months from Honda in the 2020 / 2021 motorcycle production lineup.
- Check out all of my past Honda NEOWING blog posts by Clicking Here. I take more of a deep-dive in those with my opinions etc and thoughts on the NEOWING.
- Check out the latest patent documents filed (PDF) that go with the pictures below in their entirety on the Honda NEOWING by Clicking Here.
- What is the NEOWING exactly? Here’s how Honda described this model when they first introduced it as a concept motorcycle four years ago:
- NEOWING is an unprecedented three-wheeled vehicle that offers the cornering feel and sporty ride equivalent to a large-sized motorcycle while realizing excellent stability in low-speed ranges. This vehicle is equipped with a hybrid system that combines a horizontally-opposed 4-cylinder engine and electric motors to generate plentiful torque for powerful acceleration. With the adoption of an original Honda linkage mechanism on its front wheel, this concept model proposes new values with advanced styling that emphasizes the mechanical fascination of a two-wheeled motorcycle model.
Here’s a few more Honda NEOWING pictures from when Honda first released it as a concept motorcycle: