– New 2023 Honda CRF125 Dirt Bike Buyer’s Guide: Price, Seat Height, Weight + More! –
The CRF125F model lineup of dirt bikes return for 2023, the model lineup that replaced the outgoing CRF80F and CRF100F models!
From the first-time off-road rider to the young trail rider, the CRF125F inspires confidence. Available in both standard and Big Wheel configurations to better suit the seat height you’re comfortable with, the CRF125F is 50-state off-road legal, providing access to trails across the country. It’s easy to maintain, thanks in part to Keihin electronic fuel injection that delivers smooth, easy-to-use power for reliable traction in a variety of trail conditions. Inspired by the CRF Performance line, both versions feature striking graphics and aggressive styling. As the midpoint of the CRF trail lineup, the CRF125F is great for enjoying the ride with friends and family.
2022 Honda CRF125F Changes Explained: The changes for this year to the 2023 CRF125 come in the way of new graphics to match the latest, new CRF450R, CRF250R and CRF150R race bikes. Then for the last round of changes to the 2023 CRF125F, we see a $150 price increase bringing the 2023 CRF 125 price tags up to $3,399 and $3,799.
- Quick 2023 CRF125F Info / Spec Overview:
- 2023 CRF125F Price / MSRP – $3,399
- 2023 CRF125F Big Wheel Price / MSRP – $3,799 (CRF125FB)
- 2023 CRF125F VS 2022 CRF125F Price Increase – +$150
- 2023 CRF125F Colors – Red
- 2023 CRF125F Release Date – August 2022
- 2023 CRF125F Announcement Date – August 2022
- 2023 CRF125F Horsepower – 8.9 HP
- 2023 CRF125F Seat Height – 29.1 inches
- 2023 CRF125F Big Wheel Seat Height – 30.9 inches (CRF125FB)
- 2023 CRF125F Weight – 194 lbs (curb weight = full of fluids, ready to ride)
- 2023 CRF125F Big Wheel Weight – 199 lbs (curb weight = full of fluids, ready to ride)
- 2023 CRF125F VS 2022 CRF125F Changes: Yes, explained above.
- 2023 CRF125F Price / MSRP – $3,399
2023 CRF125F Introduction
With its fun performance and looks that mirror its larger competition motocross siblings, the CRF125F is the perfect springboard for younger riders moving up from the smaller CRF50F and CRF110F to larger, more race-oriented competitive machinery. Available in both a standard and a ‘Big Wheel’ edition for taller riders for 2023, it also receives a graphic update to keep it in line with its larger CRF250R and CRF450R siblings.
2023 CRF125F Features
2023 CRF125F Chassis / Suspension
- Twin spar steel frame
- 31mm conventional telescopic front forks
- Pro-link swingarm
- Large 17in / 19in (‘Big Wheel’) front wheel with single 220mm brake disc
- CRF450R style bodywork
- Low 29.1 in. / 30.9 in. (‘Big Wheel’) seat heights
The CRF125F features a twin spar steel frame with a heavy-duty design inspired by the frame architecture of the race-ready CRF250R and CRF450R motocross bikes, providing a considered balance of rigidity and suppleness.
Conventional 31mm telescopic front forks deliver confidence-inspiring performance with 5.9 inches of travel / 6.7 in. (‘Big Wheel’) of travel and are paired with a Pro-link swingarm and a single shock for consistent, high quality performance. The 17in / 19in (‘Big Wheel’) front wheel aids tractability and handling, and the 14in / 16in (‘Big Wheel’) rear provides strong drive and agility. A single 220mm hydraulic front disc and 95mm rear drum provide strong, smooth stopping power.
Like every member of the Honda off-road CRF family, the CRF125F wears its heritage with pride. The 1.9 gallon steel fuel tank, with integrated fuel pump and fuel filter, is protected by frame design shields in the event of a fall. The CRF450R-inspired bodywork is matched with a low 29.1 in. / 30.9 in. (‘Big Wheel’) seat height, complemented with high, wide motocross bars that feature half-waffle grips, perfect for smaller hands. A handlebar-mounted multiple-function switch incorporates the starter button, ignition “key on” indicator, fuel-injection system status and a low fuel indicator warning, that illuminates when 0.26 gallons of fuel remain. For 2023, the CRF125F wears a striking all-red paint scheme and bold new graphics to celebrate Honda’s off-road racing pedigree.
2023 CRF125F Engine / Drivetrain
- 124.9cc SOHC engine returns with smooth, linear power delivery
- Keihin electronically controlled fuel-injection system delivers friendly, linear power
- Four-speed gearbox is well matched to the broad power spread
- Electric starter for added convenience
The CRF125F’s SOHC 124.9cc four-stroke engine delivers smooth, easy-to-use linear power. Bore and stroke are 52.4 x 57.9mm with a 9:1 compression ratio. The Keihin electronically- controlled fuel-injection system delivers linear and hesitation-free usable power at all rev ranges and throttle openings.
The CRF125F features a smooth-shifting, four speed transmission that is matched perfectly to the broad powerband for strong, engaging performance in any gear. The CRF125F is your first step up to a real clutch and manual transmission as the CRF50F and CRF110F models have Honda’s semi-automatic transmission where you don’t have to use a clutch to change gears.
The electric starter gives convenience, with a kick start available as a backup.
How does the 2023 CRF125F stack up against the other 2023 CRF trail / dirt bike models in the engine performance department? Here’s horsepower numbers on each of the CRF-F models:
- 2023 CRF50F HP – 3.1
- 2023 CRF110F HP – 7.2
- 2023 CRF125F HP – 8.9
- 2023 CRF250F HP – 22.8
2023 CRF110F Highlights
- 2023 CRF125F Engine / Drivetrain
- The 124.9 cc SOHC engine returns with smooth, linear power delivery.
- Electronically controlled Keihin fuel-injection system. FI delivers linear and hesitation-free power for controllable delivery at all points in the powerband.
- Four-speed gearbox is well matched to the broad power spread.
- Electric starter makes getting going a breeze, with kick-start backup included.
- Meets CARB and EPA off-road emissions standards. (Green-sticker-compliant in California.)
- 2023 CRF125F Chassis / Suspension
- CRF125F and CRF125F Big Wheel have seat heights of 29.1 inches and 30.9 inches, respectively.
- CRF125F has wheel sizes of 17 and 14 inches front and rear, respectively. CRF125F Big Wheel has 19- and 16-inch wheels.
- Twin-spar steel frame, with heavy-duty design inspired by the frame architecture of the CRF Performance Line, provides the right balance of rigidity and suppleness for trail-bike comfort.
- 1-gallon steel fuel tank with integrated fuel pump and fuel filter. Low-fuel indicator on handlebar illuminates when .2 gallons remain. Frame design shields tank in the event of a fall.
- Modern bodywork and graphics match styling of CRF Performance Line.
- Handlebar-mounted, multiple-function switch incorporates starter button, ignition “key on” indicator, fuel-injection system status, and low-fuel indicator light.
- Half-waffle grips have a small circumference for a good fit with small hands.
- Front brake lever is adjustable to work with varying hand sizes.
- The 31 mm fork provides plush front-suspension action.
- Pro-Link® rear-suspension design with sophisticated single shock for consistent action.
- Smooth stopping power provided by hydraulic front brake with 220 mm rotor and 95 mm rear drum brake.
2023 CRF125F Pictures
2023 CRF125F Specs
|2023 Honda CRF125F SPECIFICATIONS|
|Model||CRF125F||CRF125F Big Wheel|
|Type||124.9 cc air-cooled 25º single-cylinder four-stroke|
|Valve Train||SOHC; 2 valves|
|Bore x Stroke||52.4 mm x 57.9 mm|
|Induction||Fuel-injection system; 22 mm throttle bore|
|Starter||Push-button electric starter / kick|
|Transmission||Constant-mesh 4-speed return; manual|
|Final Drive||#420 chain; 13T/46T||#420 chain; 13T/49T|
|Front||31 mm conventional telescopic coil-spring fork; 5.2 in. 5.9 in. stroke||31 mm conventional telescopic coil-spring fork; 6.7 in. stroke|
|Rear||Pro-Link system w/ single shock; 5.5 in. travel||Pro-Link system w/ single shock; 6.6 in. travel|
|Front||Hydraulic; single 220 mm disc|
|Rear||Mechanical 95mm leading trail drum|
|Front||70/100-17 w/ tube||70/100-19 w/ tube|
|Rear||90/100-14 w/ tube||90/100-16 w/ tube|
|Rake (Caster Angle)||27.5°|
|Trail||81 mm||94 mm|
|Length||69.7 in.||73.1 in.|
|Width||29.1 in.||30.3 in.|
|Height||39.4 in.||42.1 in.|
|Ground Clearance||8.3 in.||10.3 in.|
|Seat Height||29.1 in.||30.9 in.|
|Wheelbase||48.0 in.||49.4 in.|
|Fuel Capacity||1.0 gal.|
|Curb Weight*||194 lbs.||199 lbs.|
|*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride|
|Specifications subject to change|