– New 2023 Honda Talon 1000 Release Review + CHANGES Sneak Peek into NEW Sport UTV Models! –
We’ve got all kinds of new 2023 Honda Talon news and possibly… 2024 Honda Talon 1000 news!
Why do I say “possibly”? Well, we’ll get to that in a minute but first we need to talk about the latest new 2023 Honda Talon 1000 model lineup update that revolves around adding an “S” to the Talon. Odd, yes. But… there’s a method to their madness and it’ll all make sense here in a minute.
Yesterday, American Honda made a big announcement on 2023 Side by Side / UTV / SxS models that not only were headed up by some of their utility vehicles with the 2023 Pioneer 1000 model lineup (video below) but at the same time, they released their first 2023 Honda Talon sport side by side model lineup – with the Talon S series.
American Honda has announced a new “S” series for the 2023 Talon family, in a move intended to satisfy high demand for the popular sport side-by-sides by increasing inventory availability at Honda Powersports dealers nationwide. This “new” 2023 Honda Talon 1000 S model lineup are manufactured to 2022 model-year specifications, so everything from the 2022 Talon is now the 2023 Talon but with an “S” added to their model name. The Talon “S” lineup includes the same configuration options offered last year: R and X two-seater versions (the former aimed at high-speed rough terrain, the latter excelling at nimble changes of direction), as well as an X four-seater. All three of these configurations are offered in both standard and FOX Live Valve trim levels, making for a total of six Talon “S” series options, all of which carry over the same updates / changes that were applied to the 2022 Talon, setting them apart from the first generation 2019-2021 Talon models.
- Meaning that the following models you have come to know over the years, are now known as this:
- Honda Talon 1000R = Talon 1000RS
- Honda Talon 1000R FOX Live Valve = Talon 1000RS FOX Live Valve
- Honda Talon 1000X = Talon 1000XS
- Honda Talon 1000X FOX Live Valve = Talon 1000XS FOX Live Valve
- Honda Talon 1000X-4 = Talon 1000XS-4
- Honda Talon 1000X-4 FOX Live Valve = Talon 1000XS-4 FOX Live Valve
Now, to the “possible” 2024 Honda Talon 1000 news that I mentioned at the start. I say “possible” because we have a new Honda Talon 1000 model announcement scheduled for April (2023) and that’s awfully late in the year to be announcing a 2023 model year machine as once they’re announced, it’ll take at minimum 1-2 months before they start shipping to dealers but it could take longer. So, it wouldn’t make a lot of sense for it to be labeled a 2023 when it’s not going to be hitting dealership floors until more than halfway through said year. But, Honda has done it both ways in the past so there’s a possibility of it going either way on that front.
With that being said though, what do we know about the new 2023 / 2024 Honda Talon 1000 models that haven’t been “officially” announced yet?
First off, we know they’re coming out with a new Talon 1000R 4-seater as we’ve discussed previously in the video below.
But there’s more to it than that as now that Honda has labeled their existing Talon models with an S, example the Talon 1000R is now a Talon 1000RS. So that means we’ve got an even more performance oriented Talon 1000R and Talon 1000X on the way. I’d really love to see them throw a four-cylinder engine in the Talon though from a CBR1000RR and call it the Talon 1000RR but I don’t see that happening anytime soon. Back on topic though…
Honda is set to release new Talon 1000 models with significant changes aimed at improving overall comfort and convenience. Those new Talon changes will come to their suspension, cabin comfort, styling, accessories and more!
For example, non-FOX Live Valve versions of the Talon will come with new Showa shocks with updated tuning to improve ride comfort and rebound control while maintaining resistance to bottoming. The wheelbase on the Talon R versions will be reduced to allow a tighter turning radius and better maneuverability on tight trails, and a new electric power steering unit for the Talon will offer better performance in all areas, while also adding a return-to-center function. Updates to the ignition mapping will smooth the transition from deceleration to acceleration, and the dual-clutch transmission’s Sport mode will also work in low range, helping with aggressive driving or when carrying loads. New full-coverage doors will provide better mud and water protection to the driver and passengers, and will incorporate convenient cup holders and storage pockets. Stylish new aluminum wheels will have eight pairs of V-spokes, and new Kenda tires with thicker sidewalls will improve resistance to pinch flats. A new ground will also be added at the front of the vehicle to simplify wiring for accessory installation. New colors will be available for all versions as well.
Honda: “In just five years since the Talon family’s introduction, Honda’s sport side-by-sides have grown increasingly popular with customers, resulting in impressive demand,” said Brandon Wilson, American Honda Manager of Sports & Experiential. “We recognize the importance of product availability, and we’re happy to address that goal with the Talon ‘S’ series, which presents a unique opportunity to get more vehicles to our eager customers. At the same time, we continue to refine the platform, and we’re excited to improve the Talons even more for the 2023 model year. The Talon family has always been about enjoying outdoor recreation with family and friends, and these moves should bring that experience to more customers.”
2023 Honda Talon 1000 S Model Lineup
Aimed at expanding product availability, the new 2023 “S” series of Honda Talons tout all of the improvements applied to the platform for 2022, including a meter location that maximizes visibility; long shift paddles for easy manual gear changes while steering; good mud protection via seat sealing; optimized ignition timing for smooth transitions from deceleration to acceleration; eye-catching styling; optimized i-4WD and a pre-wired switch panel to facilitate installation of electronic accessories. In addition to these S versions, updated Talons will be offered for the 2023 model year, with more details to come in April.
2023 Honda Talon 1000 2-Seater Model Lineup
2023 Honda Talon 1000XS
- 2023 Honda Talon 1000 XS Price / MSRP: $20,099
- 2023 Honda Talon 1000 XS Colors: Pearl Orange
- 2023 Honda Talon 1000 XS Release Date: March 2023
- 2023 Honda Talon 1000 XS Review: (coming soon)
2023 Honda Talon 1000XS FOX Live Valve
- 2023 Honda Talon 1000 XS FOX Live Valve Price / MSRP: $22,299
- 2023 Honda Talon 1000 XS FOX Live Valve Colors: Matte Blue Metallic
- 2023 Honda Talon 1000 XS FOX Live Valve Release Date: March 2023
- 2023 Honda Talon 1000 XS FOX Live Valve Review: (coming soon)
2023 Honda Talon 1000RS
- 2023 Honda Talon 1000 RS Price / MSRP: $21,099
- 2023 Honda Talon 1000 RS Colors: Matte Abyss Black, Pearl Orange
- 2023 Honda Talon 1000 RS Release Date: February 2023
- 2023 Honda Talon 1000 RS Review: (coming soon)
2023 Honda Talon 1000RS FOX Live Valve
- 2023 Honda Talon 1000 RS FOX Live Valve Price / MSRP: $23,299
- 2023 Honda Talon 1000 RS FOX Live Valve Colors: Matte Abyss Black, Pearl Red, Tonic Yellow Pearl
- 2023 Honda Talon 1000 RS FOX Live Valve Release Date: February 2023
- 2023 Honda Talon 1000 RS FOX Live Valve Review: (coming soon)
2023 Honda Talon 1000 4-Seater Model Lineup
2023 Honda Talon 1000XS-4
- 2023 Honda Talon 1000 XS-4 Price / MSRP: $22,199
- 2023 Honda Talon 1000 XS-4 Colors: Matte Abyss Black
- 2023 Honda Talon 1000 XS-4 Release Date: February 2023
- 2023 Honda Talon 1000 XS-4 Review: (coming soon)
2023 Honda Talon 1000XS-4 FOX Live Valve
- 2023 Honda Talon 1000 XS-4 FOX Live Valve Price / MSRP: $24,199
- 2023 Honda Talon 1000 XS-4 FOX Live Valve Colors: Pearl Red
- 2023 Honda Talon 1000 XS-4 FOX Live Valve Release Date: April 2023
- 2023 Honda Talon 1000 XS-4 FOX Live Valve Review: (coming soon)