– TRX250 Recon ATV Price, HP & TQ, MPG / Manual Shift Four Wheeler –
Serving faithfully as long-time best sellers, the manual-shift FourTrax Recon 250 continues to be a favorite choice. Credit their rugged features, get-it-done attitude and stylish looks, along with a strong-running 229cc OHV engine, electric starting and more. For those in search of a midsize mount, the FourTrax Recon TRX250 shapes up to be an ideal riding partner.
- 2017 Honda 250 cc Recon ATV Horsepower / Torque / MPG / Performance Rating:
- 2017 Recon 250 HP – 15.6 at 6,500 RPM
- 2017 Recon 250 TQ – 13.7 lb / ft at 5,000 RPM
- 2017 Recon 250 Horsepower-to-Weight Ratio – (15.6 HP / 434 lb) = .036 horsepower per pound
- 2017 Recon 250 MPG – 29.4 Miles Per Gallon (12.5 km/l)
- 2017 Honda Recon 250 Models / Options:
- 2017 Recon ES 250 (Electric Shift) TRX250TE – Click Here
- 2017 Recon 250 (Manual / Foot-Shift) TRX250TM – Click Here
- 2017 Honda Recon 250 Prices / MSRP:
- 2017 Recon 250 TRX250TM Price – $4,049
- 2017 Recon ES 250 TRX250TE Price – $4,299
Every craftsman knows that if you use the right tool for the job, life is a lot easier. But that’s a secret plenty of people forget when they’re looking at utility ATVs. Bigger isn’t always better, but it is usually more expensive and that is why the Honda Recon is going to be the smartest choice lots of ATV riders will ever make.
Why? You see the Recon is a powerful, versatile, rugged ATV with a smaller footprint. Its compact size helps you maneuver through tighter trails some larger ATVs would struggle with. But we’ve equipped this two-wheel-drive workhorse with a specially designed a 250–class engine, engineered for plenty of low-rpm torque and power. And the Recon is even available in two different models: one features our conventional foot-shift ATV transmission (TRX250TM), while the Recon ES (TRX250TE) offers Honda’s Electric Shift Program (ESP), allowing you to upshift and downshift using two handlebar-mounted buttons. And new for 2016, we’ve redesigned the reverse mechanism and parking brake to make them easier to use and more intuitive. Take your pick – with a Honda Recon, you can’t go wrong.
Common TRX250 Recon Questions:
- Is there a 2017 4×4 Recon 250?
- No, the Recon is only available in two-wheel drive / 2×4.
- Does the Recon 250 have a throttle limiter similar to what the TRX90X has?
- No? The Recon doesn’t have a throttle limiter nor does Honda have one.
Effortless Electric Starting
There’s no stopping the Honda Recon—at least when it comes to starting. Turn a key, push a button, and you’re off, even in cold weather. A backup recoil starting system (think lawn mower) provides added confidence.
New Reverse Mechanism and Parking Brake
The 2017 Recon has a new reverse mechanism. Need to back up to load your ATV or get out of a tight spot on the trail? The Recon sports a new reverse lever that’s designed to be easier to use. The new parking-brake lever is simpler and more intuitive.
Optional: Electric Shift Program (ESP) / Push-Button Shifting
Shifting between gears should always be this easy. With Honda’s available unique ESP system (ES models only), up-shifting and downshifting is as simple and fast as pushing one of two handlebar-mounted buttons up and down. ESP is also a bonus when riding in heavy or mud/snow-covered boots. More details on the 2017 Honda Recon ES can be found by clicking here.
2017 Honda Recon 250 Overview of Features
- – The TRX250TM Recon 250 features the high-performance cylinder head from the TRX250X for increased performance.
- – The TRX250TM has uniquely designed floorboards, which allow the rider’s feet to grip the footrests while helping keep away mud and debris.
- – The TRX250TM features a gear indicator in addition to the Neutral and Reverse lights provided on the Recon.
- – LED taillight and brakelight for durable, long-lasting lighting.
- – Ergonomically designed seating and control layouts provide a comfortable operating position for a wide range of rider sizes.
- – Large cargo racks front and rear allow payloads of 33 and 66 pounds, respectively.
- – Dual-headlight system with 25-watt lights.
- – Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use controls.
- – Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- – Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
Engine / Drivetrain
- – Lightweight OHV air-cooled 229cc engine is longitudinally mounted to allow direct driveshaft alignment to rear wheels for fewer frictional losses.
- – Semi-Dry-Sump Engine Design: Compact and lighter-weight, the Recon’s semi-dry-sump and overhead valve designs create an engine that’s not only shorter from top to bottom, but one that enhances handling by lowering the center of gravity while also increasing ground clearance.
- – Overhead-valve design offers a wide, easy-to-use powerband and compact engine dimensions.
- – The muffler is constructed of stainless steel.
- – CD ignition system with electronic advance features an rpm limiter for added durability.
- – Five-speed transmission with Reverse and automatic clutch on the TRX250TE/TM – Powerful 110-watt AC generator.
- – USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler is constructed of stainless steel.
- – Powerful 110-watt AC generator.
Chassis / Suspension
- – Plush front and rear suspension for comfortable all-day riding.
- – Lightweight double-cradle steel chassis.
- – Maintenance-free shaft drive routes power directly from the longitudinally mounted engine without inefficient directional changes.
- – Independent double-wishbone front suspension gives 129,5mm of travel.
- – Steel swingarm and single rear shock absorber give 124,5mm of travel.
- – Dual sealed front hydraulic drum brakes and sealed mechanical rear drum.
Honda Recon 250 Genuine Accessories
- – Flag Kit
- – Trailer Hitch